30 April 2014

FayeHall: Guest Post

Do you guest post to grow your blog or acquire more readership for your books? If so, Authors Curtilage is the right place to promote yourself & your content. In the guest post today, Lisa Poli talked about her journey to becoming an historical writer. Happy reading!!



When I first started writing historical erotic romances, I had no real plan as to exactly where their settings would be.  I mean, I know I wanted them set in Australia – but where? At the time I was in the midst of doing my family tree, discovering  so many new things about the little townships I now take so much for granted and look at so very differently after seeing what they have become.  Still it did start me wondering what things – lifestyles, behaviours, cultures – must have been like for my ancestors. This in itself spawned the still ever growing intrigue I have for the townships around where I grew up.

Having grown up in a small township in Northern Queensland, Australia, I spent most of my younger years hearing what those overseas thought and seen of my country.  I mean, did they really think we all had pet kangaroos and all walked around wearing hats with corks hanging from them?  Surely not!  But I was horrified to discover that so many people really did see Australians this way.  And it was this that finally made my mind up as to where my stories should be set. So began the unveiling of Faye Hall and the passion filled, mystery driven, suspense filled dramas that I write.  Each book Red Sage has contracted (along with the hundred or so half written still sitting on my computer) are set in a small township in North Queensland, Australia.  These townships now looked at as being so trivial, and near non-existent to the international eye, have had a breath of life put back into them, showing the great histories they once had.  These townships that are mostly now small mining or farming areas, were once great townships, full of as much history and glamor as those back in England or even early American settlements. Bearing in mind that my works are primarily erotic romance, I have still strives my best to stay true to the histories of these little towns.  I’ve also researched widely to be able to include certain things singularly Australian to try and bring my readers something so much more truthful than the stigma Australia is often given.I enjoy what I write, and I have found the research I’ve had to do for historical accuracy so intriguing.  I have learnt so much about my country by writing my books, and I hope that my readers have been able to learn and enjoy this with me.

My new release, She’s A lot Like You, will be available from Red Sage Publishing April 2014.  My debut book, My Gift To You, is currently available from both Red Sage and Amazon.
  


 Blog




 Lisa's Bio:


Faye Hall's passion driven, mystery filled books are set in small townships of North Queensland, Australia during the late 1800's.

Each of her novels bring something symbolically Australian to her readers, from Aboriginal herbal remedies, to certain gemstones naturally only found in this part of the world.

Each of her books tells of a passionate connection between the hero and heroine, surrounded and threatened by deceit, scandal, theft and sometimes even murder.

These romances swerve from the traditional romances as Faye aims to give her readers so much more intrigue, whilst also revealing the hidden histories of rural townships of North Queensland.

Faye finds her inspiration from the histories of not only the township she grew up in, but the many surrounding it. She also bases most of her characters on people she has met in her life.


Faye was able to live her own passion driven romance, marrying the love of her life after a whirlwind romance in 2013. Together they are raising their 9 children in a remote country town in northern Queensland, Australia.

Book Blurb:


Willow Jameson knew nothing of her family’s past or their connection to the Morgan family when she first met Re Morgan.  All she seen was his ruggedly handsome appearance, his gentle words luring her into his strong embrace.  What she found was a passion beyond compare.
She couldn’t have foreseen the lies and family betrayal that would inevitably rob her of the man she loved and forever change her life.
TEN YEARS LATER
Willow returned to the town life she loved so much, no longer ignorant to those who had separated her from the man she’d loved.  She was back now to make those responsible pay for all they’d taken from her.  In her search what she found was the hardened man Re Morgan had become…
…a man whose mere glance reignited a passion she had thought long since forgotten.
Re Morgan had left a horde of jilted lovers in his trail.  When he seen Willow again across the crowded dance-hall, he wanted nothing more than to add her to this list.  Re wanted little more than a short, heated affair.
What he became involved in was far more scandalous than he could have ever imagined.


EXCERPT
 
Willow stood with her back to Re, never able to see his approach.  She didn’t even see the look of horror on his face...nor did he see the gleam of tears on her cheeks.  All he saw was her being held in Chris’s arms, her body only a breath away from his.  It was a closeness he knew was far from accepted in polite society.
It was a closeness he shared with her...had thought to only share with her.
Looking to his friend, Re silently pleaded with him.  He needed to hear him say it was all just a misunderstanding.  He needed him to put at ease the quickly growing doubt in his heart.
But he didn’t hear any of this.  All he saw was the obvious lust gleaming in the young man’s eyes.
Chris cocked his brow, as if it was obvious their reason for being together.  When Re looked at him, begging to know the truth, Chris’s smile turned into an obvious sneer. 
Slowly, he shrugged his shoulders.
“How could I refuse?” he muttered, his words almost a whisper.
Hearing this short statement through her distress, Willow knew someone had found them.  Raising her tear-covered face from Chris’s shoulder she tried to free herself from his unrelenting grasp.  Realising her struggles were useless, she turned in his arms to see who had approached them.  Only too late did she realize just how suggestive her position would look.
Her eyes’ meeting the hurt and pain in Re’s eyes, Willow knew instantly what he was concluding of what he was seeing. 
“Re,” she whispered, almost desperate.
His dark stare turned hateful. 
“Damn you both to hell!” he spat at them, immediately turning back to make a quick return to the estate house.
“Re,’ she again called after him, struggling against Chris’s tight hold.
When Chris didn’t let her go despite her struggles, she turned slightly and pushed him away with all her might.
“You son of a bitch,’ she spat at him, suddenly realizing this man’s intentions.
“I may be, madam,” he replied casually.  “Yet even you can’t deny what you wanted when you lured me out here.”
Her dark eyes narrowed with hate. 
“I hope you rot in hell, you bastard!”
Turning quickly, Willow ran after Re’s retreating figure.  She knew what he must be thinking, but he had to know she played no willing part in it.  He had to know the truth.
“Willow,” Chris called after her, slight anger in his tone.  “Damn it, you know you want this as much as I do.”
But she never turned back to him.  She only kept chasing the retreating figure of the man she loved.

_______________________________
Red Sage Publishing, Inc. © 2013 All Rights Reserved





No comments:

Post a Comment