15 November 2010

Slut!


Their clothes went flying across the room. Flashing him a seductive old smile, she unsnapped her bra hooks slowly. Her pink nipples stood erected at the sight of his muscular bulging pennies as he unzipped his trousers. She got into bed lying naked. Gently, he crawled on her kissing her naked breasts in a determined manner that made erupt with moaning like a contended puppy.  Gently, his head moved downward and nosed his tongue between her, clitoris. Sharply, he packed it all into his mouth sulking it noisily as if it were the fruit in the garden of Aden rendering her so helpless. She wanted him so much but she also wanted him to stop. They made love anyway.
 “We cannot happen. Whatever, I felt for you was long dead.”
First and the last, in this sort of situation, in this sort of state; when you couldn’t decide if you should be angry, or calm, first and last, you would just ask questions.
“Didn’t what we just did mean anything to you?”
“It was a favor, for the old time sake. I am sorry, I cannot marry you.”
It is funny how people and things change. See how the table has turned around. She took a step towards the man standing on the far side of his own living room. He moved backward from her.
“You should try and move on with your life.”
“What is this about Christian? Did you just use me and made excuses as doing me a favor? You don’t think sex is what I couldn’t get in all these years? If you had once truly loved me as you claimed, I would still have a place in your heart. What did you think kept my faith in all those years that Donald would return? It was love, Christian. What is this about?”
“My parents…  My younger ones, older ones, my entire family!”
She chuckled throatily. “You mean to say they all hate me and don’t think me the ideal woman for you? How could they when they did not even hear my own side of story. What sort of family, treat other people’s children that bad to shield theirs?”
The wall clock that could be heard ticking loudly reminded her that she would be late for her appointment. Furry was replacing her bitterness. She shuts her eyes and waited for a moment to pass in order to put herself; together.
“This is really has nothing to do with my family. I have resolved never to get married to any woman in my life.”
“Christ Almighty. You kissed me so passionate last night. Invited me over today and tell me this after making love to me. Casually, like it was just something that you forgot to mention.”
“ I’m sorry.”
“You are what?” But she heard him well enough. She smiled then, got into her dress. “For all those years I was not in love with you, but bounded by loyalty and never had any other man but you even though I had a stream of men asking my hands in marriage, God would punish you for it.”
There was no stopping the tears and the fury this time or the scream that came from deep inside; or the swell and the surge that took her fast across the room, and her hands clawed and flying at the man’s face.
Christian raised his arms to protect himself. He grabbed the fingers that stabbed at his eyes, and, once he had them, he dragged her out of his apartment and threw her out.   
She wouldn’t mourn now. All pain, all bad feeling, all thinking, she was going to put it away for now. The effort she put in to pretending to be okay only lasted for a longer while before hot tears began streaming down her cheeks profusely.
Slut! The word echoed again and again in her mind. Clearly Melisa was still thinking about what had happened a few hours earlier. This was the most miserable time she had ever endured with him of all that had happened so far.
“I am a slut!” she whispered so loud that the short, dark-haired woman sitting beside her in the bus could hear her. The woman looked at her momentarily and quickly removed her eyes.
On the final stretch of McNeal Road, approaching the roundabout, the traffic started to snarl up. Melisa grew increasingly frustrated. She couldn’t wait to get home and cry until she was no longer able to bring forth any more tears.
She just finished watching the second season of the series Sex and the City. What does she think she was doing? Does she think she was Carrie and the ex was Big? Wake up girlfriend, this is real life. Even Carrie’s hopes were dashed where Big was at the end in season two. He left her to marry a younger woman of 26 years old.
Hehehehehehe! I guess Melisa was having a makeup sex with Christian. Did I just laugh? Actually that wasn’t funny at all.
After four years of a beautiful story ending in an abrupt way, on flimsy grounds, Melisa met Christian and in no time she accepted him into her life as lover with the hope that, that would make her man (ARTHUR) jealous and bring him back. Christian was a rebound. But the kind she stayed faithful with for two years and the half.  Arthur strayed away the more, having sex with different shades of women without CONDOMS. And the consequence was a hopeless, frustrated, desperate caterer getting pregnant with his baby. He was trapped for the rest of his life. By the time the girl’s uncle in the army had some guys picked him up and beat the hell out of him, he was saying ‘YES I DO.’ Arthur’s family didn’t do anything to help Melisa. They just watched all what she had labored for in all these four years being ripped by another woman. Though from the world go, they never liked her. It was her polished her life that irritated them and her gull.
What with men’s family anyway??? I am so scared to the bone. Especially in this part of my country they are too selfish, tribalistic, and evil. God help us Nigerian women and the already in laws oooooooooo with potential in laws…..  less I forget to add; and the chauvinistic, sadistic men also!

No comments:

Post a Comment