13 June 2011

The Internet Dating Today



The world moved on and so everybody. The tradition of your parenting finding a partner has been lifted. And when you sit down to discuss the quest or the hunt for lasting partnership you would see that, the stereotypes has completely disappeared. The big new trend for finding a partner is the use of the internet dating sites to meet men and women, instead of being limited to when you attend functions or accidentally bump into someone. I’m going to digress a little before I say what’s on my mind exactly. Check out this list:
“Dear, below are the contents in those two big bags:

Cosmetics: McCary Cream 8 bottles, Neutrogena Body lotion & oil free facial scrub 8-8bottles, Lux shower pearl 10, Johnson  & Johnson Neutrogena facial cleanser  & toner 8-8bottles, Infusium hair conditioner 10 jars,
Perfumes:  Axe dark Temptation 5bottles, Burberry black label 5bottles, Lempica 5 and other 8 types of perfumes i added are Versace, 1872, Joy Jean Patour, No 5 Chanel, Muscat, Clive Christian, Angel and Tendre Poison.
Bags: Calvin Kline different color 10bags, 5clutch purse, 10different 41 size slippers
Underwear:  30 different types of bra with their panties, 5 good negligees, 10 different tops
Make up:  4 Studio M.A.C fix, 3 kits that contains eye brow, eye liner (brown, black and other color)lip liner pencil (15 diff colors)nail paints.
Jewelries:  25 carat gold of big earring, bracelet, necklace (3 pieces of each),
HP Pentium M laptop with a cam and i-phone. Sorry that Laptop and i-phone are not new, just 7months old, okay.
Have a nice time.”
Ladies are these items not very tempting?? I met this guy, Segun, on the internet on www.wetinconcern u.com a few years back.  He was based in London. There was no fabulous exciting affair between us though, that the heat might break and supersedes simple meeting. It was a bare friendship! We just rubbed minds whenever, he telephoned me. And I never thought anything extraordinary could come out of the simple friendship because there was no incredible, connection from the word go. Then one day, he said he was going to send me some valuable things that I’m going to love.
“How can you tell things I would love?”  that was my response to that.
“O.K. O.K. O.K.” he was saying as he chuckled. “Do send me the list of the things you would want me to buy for you. Coz I’m going to ship some cars home very soon.”
Well I did as I am told, people. And I just sent him the list without having the mind that anything would come out of it, because I still couldn’t figure why all of a sudden, out of the blue, he wanted to start showering me with material goods. I couldn’t tell him “guy, you see, if you dey interested in me just talk am, no dey take all this shower of blessing hold me for work.” Lol! That would have shown no class. So I pursed my lips and held back my quick tongue. To cut the story short, the above items were all the goods he claimed he sent to me. The total cost according to him was Seven Thousand Nine Hundred Fifty Pounds. I know some ladies would get juicy for this kind of unexpected goodies. I did not o! I wasn’t raised, and hadn’t grown up that way.  I dey very strict. I dey call am (MAD) sometimes. First of all I asked the guy why he would spend so much money on me, and then asked what he expected in return?? He just said he did it because he appreciated our friendship. Then I gave myself brain, hold my tongue before one guy go talk say, I dey cheap or I no get class, all because I am I’m an uptight principled lady!
The shipping was supposed to take seven days to arrive Nijja. But my people, three weeks passed I no see norrin o! I say talk am. If at the beginning I brought in my rocket scientist IQ, some acquaintance go talk say I dey mad.
A month passed, then this guy called to say one of his friends was in Nigeria that I should give the guy a phone call, to be able to collect two redberry. I no say una know wetin I mean Blackberry. He said he sent the phones with Two Thousand Pounds. People, wetin I won take two blackberry do o! This won wey be say, if u no subscribe, you no fit browse. I told myself that the people fraudsters take their hard earn money, must be greedy number one, and secondly dumb!
“Segun look, I am not a material goods freaked lady!” I tried to make him get a grip on himself. “If there is anything you want with me, just go ahead and say it!” I was still saying. “All this lies you are telling are uncalled for! I do not want a penny of yours!”
“Whatever, are you getting at?” He tried to pretend, but he was so unconvincing. Please don’t break my heart. I am just being me. Make sure you call my friend.”
I quit pursing the issue! Not because I am dumb o! I just wanted to see where the telephone call would lead.
In the evening I called the friend. During our telephone conversation, he told me Segun has a problem and am the solution. He instructed me to get original documents to five plots of land that is my father’s own, and bring it to him the evening of that day I called him, while he would give me the things Segun sent me. He said he would have got the documents for Segun, but his mother in-law is having breast cancer and he has to travel back to the UK that same evening.
Aren’t these guys the most retarded idiots walking the face of the earth!?
Before I forget people, do you know that prior this time, Segun has asked for my bank data? And lodz of other things that happened, that I would leave for another time to cut this story short?
Segun was a fraudster!

There are many ugly situations that happen in relationship/friendship(s) contracted on the internet. Although some of my acquaintances meet their boyfriends/girlfriends on the internet. It works for some people and it does not work for most. My question is this. The days when our parents choose for us, as absurd and barbaric as it was, and this our lousy, hippy, heartbreaking days, which one do you suppose is best?
 “Remember, you just got into the marriage. Deal with your heartbreak once and for all and get it over with.”  That is what our mothers say then. And behold everything will be all right. Unlike now that you have to be heartbroken severally before you find true happiness, if you are lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment